Nakhon Sawan Rajabhat University - On-Line CourseA step by step approach on how to gather information on current events and stories and be able to write opinions and express personal points of viewbyAjarn Willard Van De Bogart - TESOL Certificate May 2003-SITe-mail: email@example.com
Return to: | Rajabhat On-line Home | Other writings by Willard Van De Bogart |
How to find libraries on the internet - Finding facts and information to support your arguments or rebuttals.
Draft I due Sept 16 th
Final paper due Sept 30 th
Go to the Library! - Go to the Library!
- Yahoo Library directory - Today all libraries around the world are accessed from the internet. Yahoo has a complete list of these libraries.
- Libraries in Thailand
- Internet Public Library
Assignment 1. - Go to this web site and get answers to these questions.
- How many lakes are there in China?
- Name the biggest lake in China?
- How many dams are in China?
- How many forests in the world?
- How many people in the world?
- What is horticulture?
- School Libraries around the World
Assignment 2. - Go to two school libraries, in any country of your choice, and see if you can answer the following questions from the information provided by that library.
- How many books are in the library? (This is usually expressed in number of volumes)
- How many links to other web sites does the library web site have? (If too many just say... "a lot".)
- How big is the library? (Does it have any branches?)
- How many collections does it have? (Does it have a rare book collection or another kind of collection?)
- How many archives does it have? (Does the library specialize in special subjects?)
- Complete periodical listings
- The Internet in Asia
- LITA - The Library and Information Technology Association presents the "Tool Kit for the Expert Web Searcher"
Chapter eleven | Chapter thirteen
Return to: | Rajabhat On-line Home | Other writings by Willard Van De Bogart |firstname.lastname@example.org©1995-2004 Earth Portals